Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Native speakers, SOS!    

Native speakers, SOS!

Aldona 777
Russian Federation

Native speakers, SOS!

Dear friends, can anybody profread this?

The fox is a sly, bad and cautious animal.  It digs a deep hole with several exits where it stays in bad weather and nurses its cubs. The fox often eats different animals, insects, fish and fruit. My friend, a hunter, repeatedly observed the following: a fox is lying on the grass pretending to be dead while silly birds are flying to it, and the fox snatches at them. Or sometimes the fox sits (is inversion possible here ? "Or sits the fox on a bank") on a bank  with its tail in the water and uses it as a fishing rob.

You look very good today

I don�t understand how the  (a??? ) computer works (we mean all computers)

Lisa is meeting her grandmother at the station tonight

Who are you examining (??)  in this photo?

THANK YOU!!!

18 Sep 2011      

paddyofarrell
Ireland

The fox is a sly, bad and cautious animal. It digs a deep hole with several exits where it stays in bad weather and nurses its cubs. The fox often eats different animals, insects, fish and fruit. My friend, a hunter, repeatedly observed the following: a fox lying on the grass pretending to be dead while silly birds fly to it, and the fox snatches at them. Or sometimes the fox sits on a river bank with its tail in the water and uses it as a fishing rod.

You look very good today

I don�t understand how computers work (when speaking generally, about all computers, we usetheplural form with no article)

Lisa is meeting her grandmother at the station tonight

18 Sep 2011     

Jayho
Australia

In regards to the computer example, if you are talking about computers in general there are three ways to express such general ideas: 

I do not understand how the computer works
OR
I do not understand how a computer works
OR
I do not understand how computers work

If you want to know why you can use any of these three forms then check out this excellent handout for academic students: http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/asu/download/Articles-flyer.pdf

Cheers

Jayho

19 Sep 2011