Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Continued WOD for Sept. 19th    

Continued WOD for Sept. 19th

Zora
Canada

Continued WOD for Sept. 19th

Here �s the WOD again for our non-European time zone members!

Rigadoon

As always, no dictionary definitions, only your wacky, weird, witty or whimsical whims are wanted!

Here are some of today �s early daffy-nitions:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=30471

Smile

19 Sep 2011      

allakoalla
Latvia

A creditor that is able to wriggle out of very tight spots.

wriggle

dun http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dun

19 Sep 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

This is the real Brig o � Doon where Tam o � Shanter escaped the grabby clutches of Cutty Sark:

Naturally, it has spawned imitators all over the world. Most of them, though are really second-rate. Or, to use the old Scots dominie term, B-minus. Which leaves us with _rig o �Doon and, by some weird pseudo-apheretic process, this has now evolved into the single word rigadoon, meaning a pale copy or pastiche.

19 Sep 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

I have to laugh because what is happening on this site is the same as what happens in my classroom. I ask my second graders for a word that means the same as let�s say small and I start getting words that rhyme, fall, tall, wall. Rigadoon is actually a European delicacy made by stuffing fairy cake with podslurp. This tasty confection is usually eaten at breakfast with tea or coffee. Children enjoy it with milk as an afterschool snack.

19 Sep 2011