Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Pictures from my game... =)    

Pictures from my game... =)

Mar0919
Mexico

Pictures from my game... =)

Dear friends, need your help again!!! My mind is SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired, it refuses to function! LOL

Tomorrow, I will play a game with my students, to practice the clothing vocabulary we saw today... my idea is to have them bring in real clothes, different kinds of items. I made 4 teams of 4 ss, and they have to bring as much clothes as they can, trying to cover as much from our list as possible. Well, the idea is to have each team make a pile with their clothes, one ss will be the "statue", the other 2 will be the "dressers" and the last will be the one who has to choose a card, read the "situation", dictates to  the "dressers" one item at a time, in order to dress their "statue" to fit the "ocasion"...
the dressers can only go to the pile of clothes, and pick ONE item at a time, run to the "statue", dress him/her with the item, run back to the "dictator" for another indication, etc. until the time runs out (aprox 1 or 2 minutes). The team who has dressed their statue with the most correct items for the occasion wins a point.
So far, I have thought of 5 occasions, but I need more to have more variety... can you help me with some ideas?

1.- an elegant party
2.- a business meeting
3.- a job interview
4.- a casual party with friends
5.- a formal dinner
6.-
7.-
8.-
9.-
10.-

Did I make any sense trying to explain the game? LOL!!! I have the "organized" idea in my head LOL! but the tiredness is making it a little hard to explain coherently!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Mar

21 Sep 2011      

kiaras
Mexico

Hi, Mar!!  Some suggestions here! I hope they�re useful!  Mary

6. a promp
7. a wedding
8. a disco
9. a funeral
10. a baseball game

21 Sep 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you, Kiara! ..... Please excuse my dumb question, but... what is a "prompt" party???? My mind is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too tired!!! LOL

21 Sep 2011     

sirhaj
Malaysia

1. A Date Night
2. A High School Reunion
3. Theater
4. Parade
6. Halloween Party
7. Parent Teacher Conference

Sirhajwan

21 Sep 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you, Sirhaj!!!

I will check with you guys early tomorrow morning, before I go to work. Now... I think I need to drag myself to bed Sleepy  LOL  no use "trying" to pretend I can still do something half-way coherent!!!

Have a good night/afternoon/whatever it may be for you!!!

Thanks again, Kiara and Sirhaj!!!

Nite, nite!!!

21 Sep 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Ball  or   (High School / Senior) Prom
Paris Fashion show
Political debate
Mass, Christening
Opera
Steeplechase, Horse-race (hats!)
Oscar Awards Show
Period Drama, Costume Drama, Western, Horror, ... (film genres)

(If I were you, I would bring a camera and ask one of the students (assistants) to take pictures. Don�t forget to share you photos with us!)   Wink

21 Sep 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

A beach party
A tennis match
At a picnic
At a rock concert

Moravc is right.  Take lots of pictures.

21 Sep 2011     

douglas
United States

- snow skiiing
- running
- basketball
- grocerie shopping
- a walk on the beeach in autumn
- a walk on the beach in summer
- to go to school (interesting to see if they change their dress)
- a walk down Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills)
- camping in the mountains
- a day on a ranch
- a day in a factory
- to  a rodeo
- to church
- a visit to Milan

21 Sep 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

THANK YOU ALL for your ideas!!!!!!! Very helpful!!!! I �ll let you know how it goes with the game, will try to take pics to share!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!

Mar

21 Sep 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

We had a ball with the game! To make it more fun, I BLINDFOLDED the "dressers"! LOL THANK YOU ALL for your wonderful ideas!!!

22 Sep 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Splendid Mar ! The smiles are the true sun !

22 Sep 2011     

1    2    Next >