Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD September21 SCOBBERLOTCHER    

WOD September21 SCOBBERLOTCHER

Anna P
Brazil

WOD September21 SCOBBERLOTCHER

What do YOU think SCOBBERLOTCHER is?
This odd and outlandish word surely deserves your droll, original and witty daffynition.  You �ll find some here http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=30502
as well as my numerous attempts at finding an unused word. 
Can �t wait to read more!

21 Sep 2011      

rpellicano
Brazil

This is a hard one! I �ll start with the preffix SCOB. Maybe it �s a snob person saying SCAB, or covering. Berlotcher kind of sounds like the way gradma called a brooch, a berloque. So, a scobberlotcher would be the outside of a brooch. COBBER could also mean that a cobbler was involved so it would be a broock made by or better, worn by a cobbler.

Now, don �t ask me (force me?) to contribute to the picture of the day.  What are my relatives doing there?

21 Sep 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

I think that cobber is simply another word for copper. Also, a lotcher is a person who does something...a lot!
So, a scobberlotcher is a person who works at a mine and digs out lots of copper!

21 Sep 2011