Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Folktales from different countries    

Folktales from different countries

edrodmedina
United States

From Puerto Rico: La Cucarachita Martina, Juan Bobo (he �s a character and there are many stories about him)

23 Sep 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Hi Mariethe you are right, Perrault �s tales are fairy tales.

And it is true that each region in France (Corsica, Little Britain .....) has local wonderful stories, as there are in every country in the world, but I DO think that an "international", a "world" symbolism lays in all those stories. This is, in my humble opinion, a marvellous way to communicate and share common values in different ways.

Have a nice week end all of you.

Maryse.

24 Sep 2011     

Apodo
Australia

How about some stories from different indigenous peoples* around the world?

These are both teachers� sites.

Australian Aborigines:

http://www.teachers.ash.org.au/jmresources/dreaming/stories.html

Native Americans:

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/native-american/short-stories/ 

* Plural �peoples� used when discussing various ethnic groups

24 Sep 2011     

serene
Greece

Dear friends, epit, rach81, Pauline, edinita, Paula, maryse peye, Xoch, almaz, Mariethe, edromedina, Apodo, thank you so much, for your replies! I really appreciate your help!

Our students will be working on this project throughout the whole term. As soon as it is completed (around Christmas), I will let you know how it went, and I will also provide you with a link to all the uploaded material.  

@Paula, yes, our students are going to study the (non-Greek) folktales in English but that shouldn�t really be a problem as most of them are at an intermediate or upper-intermediate level.

@Mariethe, the same is true in my country too; each region has its own folktales. I�m looking for a folktale (a story or legend forming part of an oral tradition) that is popular even at regional level.  I believe Charles Perrault�s fairy tales can be considered folktales too as he recorded them from the oral tradition (even if he added his own embellishments).

24 Sep 2011     

< Previous   1    2