Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > teaching via Skype    

teaching via Skype

wende
Spain

teaching via Skype

Hi dear teachers!
I want to ask for your help. I have been contacted to teach one-to-one ESL lessons via Skype to adults. I think it is a very interesting tool, but I have never used it and I can �t imagine how to transfer all my material to "digital" material for them. I have searched through the Internet, but I can �t find what I need. I was wondering if any of you could send me links to demos of classes, books on the subject, lesson plans, anything you can. I think it is an adventure and I �m willing to do it, but I �m so scared!
To those who have already worked with skype:
Do you use a regular textbook?
How are the listening exercises managed? Do you simply send a link to the ss and they listen to the recording?

I am really excited about this and I would highly appreciate any help.

24 Sep 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Some useful tips:
Sophia

24 Sep 2011     

sadouna
Tunisia

hi Wende ,
my advice to you is to start by preparing a placement test for the person you are going to teach , so that u will be able to assess his/her level. then you can just e_mail him some tutorials and ask him to prepare them for the next session and all u ll do is to start by explaining english grammar rules ,then correct the activities.
best of luck!!

24 Sep 2011