Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Best way to prepare student for PET exam    

Best way to prepare student for PET exam

Diana Parracho
Portugal

Best way to prepare student for PET exam

Hello dear colleagues,

I �m a bit lost and I need your help.

I �m working with a student who is taking the PET exam in March. We already worked with the book PET Result but we didn �t finish it.

Now I don �t know what to do: do you think it would be better if we continued working on a preparation book or would it be better if we started doing some past exam papers?

Thank you and keep up the excellent work I always see on this website! We �re a great group of teachers!

Diana xx

27 Sep 2011      

lshorton99
China

Hi Diana,

I �d recommend a mix-and-match approach when teaching PET. Alternate using the preparation book with doing past papers and then focusing on key areas. Week 1 you might want the student to take a past Reading only section of the Reading and Writing paper then use an appropriate section of the book then go through technique for each part. Week 2 could focus on Speaking skills and so on. I always make my students do writing for homework every week and in class we go over technique for each kind of writing. Speaking and Writing are areas where technique can make a huge difference to exam results so spend more time focused on that.

Good luck!

Lindsey

28 Sep 2011     

wende
Spain

I also need some guidelines on how to prepare my students for PET, we use the book, but I don �t know what else to do. I �m afraid the book won �t be enough

28 Sep 2011     

caseyrutherford
United States

I am also preparing for the PET exam and I am very nervous about this. But for now, I am busy in my work of cheap essay writing service uk and after that, I will busy in my exam time. I hope that everything will be alright.

15 Sep 2020