Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Price Tag    

Price Tag

boydegg
Thailand

Price Tag

Hi Teaching friends!

This is the third of three videos my students made last weekend. 

Thanks very much to everyone who left comments here, on YouTube and on Facebook for the other two videos (Firework - Katy Perry & Lazy Song - Bruno Mars).

This last one is PRICE TAG by Jessie J. I �ll be showing the videos to the students this weekend - as well as any feedback comments you guys would like to leave.

Thanks very much!!!

Brian

29 Sep 2011      

Lindax
Ukraine

Absolutely fantastic! When can we see the lazy song on youtube? Thank you! 

29 Sep 2011     

Enid Stella
South Africa

Thank you so much - lovely stuff!!

29 Sep 2011     

BlancaNC
United States

Well, I suppose I should mention, while it �s an upbeat lively song, do ya �all know the meaning of the word "Hoe?"  That is short for "Whore."  I suppose your class is old enough and they must hear everything.  Just be sure you know the lyrics you are sending them and have the parents approval for these teaching materials.   

29 Sep 2011     

boydegg
Thailand

Hi Blanca

I �m aware of the real meaning of �ho � and I explained to my students that it �s an offensive slang term for a woman who has sex for money - a prostitute.

However, this song is very popular and it �s also the song they voted to work on. So rather than scrap the whole song just for one word, we decided to make a joke of it and use the word �hoe � instead ... a gardening tool, as shown in the students � illustration.

In the end, I might get into trouble with parents for this - and also for the lyrics of Bruno Mars � �Lazy Song �. However, I know my students regularly use YouTube, Facebook etc ... so I �m sure they �ll have been exposed to much worse.

Unfortunately, a lot of current pop songs are unusable because of a handful of words or suggestive lyrics. It �s a real shame. In the end, I decided to just go for it. Hopefully I won �t live to regret my decision!

Anyway - thanks for the heads up. And thanks to everyone for commenting.

Brian

29 Sep 2011