Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > verb practice    

verb practice

wende
Spain

verb practice

Hi!
Could you tell me a good activity to practice verbs (enjoy, want, learn... eg) with my one-to-one student who is 13? I don �t want to use a worksheet, but a game, like a dice with a verb on each side or something like that. I want my ss to make senteces with these verbs in order to learn them. Can you think of a better idea to learn the meaning of verbs and to use them in sentences?

And, how would you reinforce the idea that adjectives come before nouns? When we are speaking there is no problem, she says it in the right order, but when reading, she never gets it and doesn �t understand the sentences because she "reads" the adjective first. In spanish, adjectives usually come after the noun. What kind of readings do you recomend?

Thank you so much

3 Oct 2011      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Wende

I �m just working with some games I made sometime ago; may be this is not what you need, anyway, have a look here:

https://sites.google.com/site/englishiscute/games/board-games

Have a nice day

Linda

3 Oct 2011