Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD winner    

WOD winner

maryse pey�
France

WOD winner

Hi everyone !

Before giving you the name of the WOD winner I would like to greatly thank the friends who made me laugh with their daffyniitions. And here a short story to gather them :

It is the story of a guy, let �s call him Will, who is used to speak backwards very fast without any mistakes... Fabulous ! Indeed because it is very difficult for us to imagine that he is a POLETICIAN WHOA SLAPSA with a bad Italian accent while scratching his back with the last fashioned pointer he found in Rome.
Will is married with a charming woman, Mary, and they have just had a baby. Mary, who is a very clever woman, is used to sing the rap songs, she loves writing and that are focused on cows, as lullabies to his son. When she has some housework to do she rapidly wrap Will Junior on her back (see Mar �s demonstration) and when she has finished she just unwraps her divine gift from her back with the modern robot BACKRAPPER specially made to make easier the unwrapping of tight knots...

Now the exact daffynition of BACKRAPPER : a firework made from firecrackers folded together to explode one after the other (a dialect word from the English Midlands).

And now the name you are all breathlessly waiting for... The name of the winner... MAR ! I couldn �t resist when I saw mother and son so happy ! It made me think at me when I was bringing my sons, not on my back but on my chest... Warm memory indeed !

Once again thanks to every participant and now Mar it �s your turn ! Hope everything is ok for you dear. Plenty of hugs to you and all my friends.

Maryse.

10 Oct 2011