Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOW winner    

WOW winner

edrodmedina
United States

WOW winner

I�d forgotten how difficult it is to choose a winner for this game. Apodo and Douglas came up with the same daffynition although slightly different. I enjoyed Liberty belle�s �Can Tanks are Us� and Maryse�s warning about the folks from Tankerville was inspired. Moody your answer reminded me of the old joke about the grandmother who was 90 years old and never used glasses; she drank her rum straight from the bottle. Mapleleaf knows visual aides go a long way with me. I have to agree with Maryse about the editors fighting over Les�s book. Les never ceases to amaze me with his boundless knowledge and his equally boundless wit. That is why my choice was lemon entry my dear friends. Congratulations Les.

Edit:

can�tan�ker�ous/kanˈtaNGkərəs/

Adjective:
Bad-tempered, argumentative, and uncooperative.
Synonyms:
quarrelsome - contentious - peevish - shrewish

17 Oct 2011      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

"Thanks very much, Ed, for choosing me as Winner.  I �ll submit a new entry when I have finished my chores".

"What chores?"

"That �s extremely kind of you to offer me a drink, Ed.  Thank you.  I �ll have a large glass of home-made lemonade, with ice, please!"

Les

17 Oct 2011