Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Being asked to "share"    

Being asked to "share"

isa2
Austria

Being asked to "share"

Dear colleagues,

I have been asked by a user of this site to "share" points with him/her since - as he/she said - his/her worksheets are not downloaded by anyone.

I think this request is embarrassing and somewhat cheeky.
What do you think?

30 Oct 2011      

maryse pey�
France

Excuse-me but the 1st question I have in mind is :
Who is this person for you ? A colleague at school ? Someone you advised to come on this site ? A "friend" ?...

The 2nd one is :
Have you done your ws alone or with this person ?

The 3rd one is :
Have you helped this person in doing one �s worksheets ?

If I were you I would consider the actual reason of this will. Why "might" this person "need" these points for ?

But as far as I am concerned I will not accept to share my points if my ws are MY own work. Everyone deserves one �s own points.

A dear colleague of ours asked me to join her project and SHE HAS NEVER ASKED ME TO SHARE MY POINTS with her and I HAVE NEVER ASKED THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE PROJECT TO SHARE THEIR POINTS with me !

I feel all this like nonsense or jealousy - but I probably miss details. This greatly sounds as an unfair demand. At least expressed like you wrote it.

Once again. CONSIDER THE TRUE REASONS OF the demand.

30 Oct 2011     

isa2
Austria

Dear maryse pey�,

I do not know this person at all.
This request came out of the blue.
So I simply advised him/her to upload new ws to gain more points.

Thanks for your opinion.

30 Oct 2011     

maryse pey�
France

So dear Isa,

REFUSE one �s request !!! It is perfectly ILLEGITIME !!!

Personally I am able to share a lot when I decide to and what I decide to !

You are not at all obliged to share ! There is NO OBJECTIVE REASON FOR YOU TO DO THAT !

And then I may signal this fact to Victor, this person might not be an actual member of this site after all ?

Yes, another idea came to me : wasn�t it some means to be linked to your account to steal you your ws ????

30 Oct 2011     

isa2
Austria

Dear maryse pey�,

That thought came to me as well. But I don �t think there �s reason to worry.

It may just have been an inconsiderate request by a new user. (I don �t know.)
Anyway, thanks for talking things over with me.

30 Oct 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

I would share my points, if I had them :) It �s just like a suspended coffee :) Plus, I �ve never used them all, the points.  
About the question -- any question is ok. Why not to make somebody happy and share, especially if a person wants it. Why not? I think that �s exatly the purpose of creating and making a ws by the talented people on this website and being able to share and let their talent known all over the world. Wow!

Hug

30 Oct 2011     

Nessie33
Germany

to share - have a portion of (something) with another or others:( Oxford dictionary)
he shared his pie with her...
I have some points to share..
 I think its OK Thumbs Up

30 Oct 2011     

happysam
Algeria

I think that this person had better start making some good worksheets that deserve points instead of begging the others to share theirs with her 
personally, at first I sent some works just to gain some points that help me to download meanwhile it became an obsession and i started to think of the best topic and the best way to send it I think that I �m getting better but I really love those works that gain a lot of points and I think that they deserve it. ESL is the best it makes us give our best  

30 Oct 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

HappySam, what do you mean by "a good" ws? Hmm, Ermm , begging is a gift. If you have it, you �ll get whatever you want and both sides would be happy ;) Emotions are contagious...Approve

31 Oct 2011     

isa2
Austria

@Mapleleaf: I think happysam is right. The aim of this website is  giving by sharing. So everyone can share their work and see if the others like it/ need it. There �s no other way to get points.

31 Oct 2011