Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hey everyone    

Hey everyone

fletsch
Canada

Hey everyone

Just got a call that I need to host a one hour English Club meeting with about 40-50 students and I should have them all talking.  I am heading to class now and have about 15 minutes to prepare something between class and the English Club.  Any ideas for something to do that would be fun and also get everyone talking?  Let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks a lot!!!

Fletsch

1 Nov 2011      

jannabanna
France

Depending on their ages and English level of course, but could try subjects like:

Introducing oneself:  If it �s the first lesson it �s very important for them to know something about each other.

Talk about a film they �ve seen and liked.

Computers and software that they use and recommend. 

Books they have read and liked. 

Places they have visited and would recommend.

40-50 students seem a lot to cope with, perhaps you could put them into small groups preparing together and then "acting" in front of the others.

There are plenty of things to talk about:

Crime,
Animals in the house, Clothes, Education, Television, Shopping, The weather, Christmas, Living abroad, Cars and driving, The environment, Jobs, Smoking, Food.

The problem is getting the conversation started. 

Good luck,
Janet

1 Nov 2011