Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Typical food and music    

Typical food and music

aliciapc
Uruguay

Typical food and music

Hello friends, I am preparing an end-of-year activity to invite parents to share with us and it has to do with English speaking countries. The ss are going to dress up typically (as best possible!) and we �ll have typical music of each country and personalities and landmarks and so on. My problem here is that we want to share some typical food with parents and I �d like to know what is typical in England, Australia and Canada. We �ve chosen 5 countries but these 3 are the ones I need help with : I �ve googled and found information about food but I can �t decide on one for each! 
And the typical music ??? I �ve found more than one kind ! Which is it ?
Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot ! Alicia

10 Nov 2011      

Zora
Canada

Hi there Alicia,

Canada is so vast that I can only tell you what is "typical" in the West.

For "traditional" music out west, I �d have to say that "Country music" is fairly accurate. (I dislike the stuff but it �s either that or an Indian chant or rain dance!!! Wink )

Food-wise out West, I �d say a "traditional" pioneering food is bannock. There is a deliciously sweet gooey dessert bar called "Nanaimo bars" that are quite popular, pancakes and maple syrup are typical too...

10 Nov 2011     

chrisel
Canada

another thought from Canada - Aboriginal music could be considered traditional, but we also have great singer-songwriters - Gordon Lightfoot �s Railroad Trilogy is kind of a classic Canadian song...;
French Canada has some foods like poutine, and meat pies...

10 Nov 2011