Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > how to name a person who conducts a concert, party ?    

how to name a person who conducts a concert, party ?

luglena
Ukraine

how to name a person who conducts a concert, party ?

the only suitable word I found is COMPERE
don �t know why, but somehow I do not like that word, maybe you know some equivalents (a person who conducts a public event, a concert, a schol party)

12 Nov 2011      

colita
Costa Rica

MC (master of ceremony) or why not host?

12 Nov 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Luglena,

Comp�re, (a man), comm�re, (a woman), host, hostess, Master of Ceremonies, Mistress of Ceremonies, (not often used), MC, emcee, announcer, presenter, organiser, manager, co-ordinator, administrator, marshall, director, supervisor, conductor, impresario, leader.

Some of these words are more suitable than others.

Les  

12 Nov 2011     

ironik
Australia

Host is I think a very suitable word for this. Party host sounds very natural Smile and by conduct, if you mean organize or plan, you can use organizer or planner I guess, as in Wedding organizer/Wedding planner.

12 Nov 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

hosta person who introduces a television or radio show, and talks to guests
announcer a person who introduces, or gives information about, programmes on the radio or television
presentera person who introduces the different sections of a radio or television programme
comperea person who introduces the people who perform in a television programme, show in a theatre, etc.
master of ceremonies -a person who introduces guests or entertainers at a formal occasion

Now it �s up to you tomake your pick:) 
Sophia

13 Nov 2011