Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Listening activity ideas    

Listening activity ideas

puddyd
Oman

Listening activity ideas

Good evening all, 

Does anyone have any fun ideas they �d like to share on how ss can improve their listening skills. It �s such a dry subject to teach and they often feel quite bored. Please help me with some lesson ideas that have worked well for you.It can also be a listening and speaking lesson idea too.
These students are young adults, between the age of 18 and 20 .They are pre intermediate, but their listening is bad. 

Kind regards and thanks in advance

AndreaSmile

19 Nov 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

It would help if you mentioned the age and level of your ss.
Sophia

19 Nov 2011     

puddyd
Oman

THanks Sophia, I �ve edited it now Wink

19 Nov 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about podcasts?
check the tips in this article 
Sophia

19 Nov 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

For 18-20 year old can be a good exercise is to watch a popular show. And with this go through some vocabulary. You can kill two birds with one stone -- the students are motivated and interested ( the show, the movie -- Wow!)  and another there �re some real life situations there that might be useful in the future, like the talk about insurance, food, relationship, holidays, work and etc.

20 Nov 2011     

puddyd
Oman

Thank you for your suggestions Sophia and �mapleleaf � .I �ll give your suggestions a try .
Rgds
Andrea 

20 Nov 2011     

lipofootoo
United States

Here �s an ESL activity for listening in this video.

26 Nov 2011