Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Challenging the big boys.    

Challenging the big boys.

David Lisgo
Japan

Challenging the big boys.

This last weekend I attended the Kyushu ETJ Expo in Fukuoka, Japan. I gave two presentations and as a member of LanguageTeachingProfessionals I was able to display many of my own card games including Switchit and Read! Spell! Do! (Some of which are uploaded here), my workbooks and many of my other materials (many of which are uploaded here). My little table was as busy as OUP �s display, but since we didn �t know anything about having a table until about 10 days ago we hadn �t prepared anything to sell, though to be honest I would rather not sell materials at such events and would prefer people to order directly from me via email. Not having a website is certainly a hindrance, but my friend David Paul is planning to build one and include my own website within his, so perhaps sometime next year it will become a reality.

Speaking of Language Teaching Professionals, there �s a link just posted up on the LTP Facebook page where you can download a free ELT magazine edited by Jill Hadfield.

So you ESLPs members who are now creating your own materials get out there and challenge the big boys to create something better than you are. You will find that they can �t often do so, you will also find a lot of teachers clamouring for good resources.

Regards,
David

5 Dec 2011      

mena22
Portugal

Congratulations dear David! I �ve just visited the website and your presentations must have been quite interesting and useful. Your resources are awsome, so I �m sure you �ll succeed in your new website. I �ve also subscribed to the ELT magazine edited by Jill Hadfield. Thanks a lot for your post.

Have a nice day.
A big hug,
mena

5 Dec 2011     

maryse pey�
France

You are really a source of great ideas dear David !

I wish you success and satisfaction with your site  !

Have a splendid week.

Maryse.

5 Dec 2011     

juliag
Japan

That �s fantastic David, many congratulations and wishing you every success. Hug

5 Dec 2011     

Amanda W
Austria

That sounds wonderful, David. Well done!
All the very best.

5 Dec 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

That is exactly what I always say: those commercial books lack phonics which, I think, are essential for learning English. I �ve always loved your work, David, and if someday I am to teach a class starting from primary, I �m definitely going to use phonics.
Thanks for sharing this new with us.
Sophia

5 Dec 2011