Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > A fun warmer or preposition recycle using lego     

A fun warmer or preposition recycle using lego

puddyd
Oman

A fun warmer or preposition recycle using lego

Good morning to you all, I thought you might like to play this with your students to review prepositions.They love it , the adults enjoy it the most. 

Have a great day !!!

Put students into pairs.

Explain and refresh / pre teach the words they must use:Prepositions

They will need a text book or file between then so they cannot see each other�s �construction�

Show them the bags of blocks and tell them that each person should have exactly the same blocks as their partner and they have to choose who will go first. That person must build a structure and then explain to their partner how they can mirror the structure: e.g- �take your long blue block and square yellow block .Put the yellow block on the right side of the blue block so that 3  rows of bumps/ nodules are showing on the left and four are covered by the yellow square block� � ok, now put the�..� and they carry one until they have completed it and then they reveal their construction to see if they gave the right instructions.

Now change and the other person builds theirs and repeats the process. Let them do it a few times.

6 Dec 2011      

helena2009
Hungary

Very great idea. Ss love it.

I often do this with bottle tops. It is cheaper than Lego and you can do many other games with them. There is a box of bottle tops in my classroom, and I use it many times.

Eg.

1. When a stdent would get a red point I give him a b.t, and at the end of the lesson we count them.

2. You can practice colours with them.

3. They can be money when you play a shop game.

6 Dec 2011