Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Games/activities for elementary adults    

Games/activities for elementary adults

readingaol
Portugal

Games/activities for elementary adults

Hi everyone, I have a four hour class with my adults (elementary level). I �m going to teach them "jobs". I will hand out a listening worksheet and some exercises. But I need something new, like a game, a speaking activity, something like that... They get tired easily and we can �t spend four hours doing written exercises. Any ideas?

6 Dec 2011      

spikeremover
Portugal

Hello, what about little role plays written by them? You can also film it and the show them.

Hope it helps

6 Dec 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Are these discussion questions suitable: http://www.esldiscussions.com/j/jobs.html ?

Or maybe this job comparison debating activity http://www.eslflow.com/debatelessonplan.html ?

6 Dec 2011     

stuartallen77
China

This is a lesson plan I made for jobs. It works just as well without the video part. 

If you get a message saying �server error �, just click �back � and you �ll be there! Its a jobs and interview roleplay, your students should like it!

6 Dec 2011     

readingaol
Portugal

Thank you all, I will see your work, but I �m talking about elementary level, they never had english before and this is our 10th lesson.

6 Dec 2011     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

How about this game: It�s called TOWEL.

Each student chooses one job. One student is in the middle of the circle holding a towel. The teacher starts and calls  out one of the jobs. The student with the towel runs fast to the student that was called out and tries to slap him/her with the towel. If he succeeds, this student gets the towel now and goes to the middle. But he/she can save himself/herself by calling out another job before he/she is slapped. In this case the game goes on until someone else is slapped.

6 Dec 2011     

veronika74
Hungary

Hi.

1. A kind of bingo game: You have to write the new words related to jobs on the blackboard. The students have to write down 5 from the words. If they are ready you choose from the words one by one by pronuncing and putting a tick next to them. If they have the word on their list they put a tick as well. You have to do this until somebody shouts �bingo � which means that he or she has got 5 ticks on his or her paper. Then he or she goes to the blackboard and has to put ticks. Of course, the others have to write a new list.

2. A guessing game. You need cards about jobs. Of course, they have to be familiar with the jobs. Somebody comes out and draws a card. The others have to find out the job: e.g. Are you a pilot? No, I �m not. Are you a policeman? Yes, I am.

3. Look at my printables related to jobs for ideas.

6 Dec 2011     

cindyfreksen
Denmark

I found a cute song that they may like - it is for kids but it makes me laugh!

http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/songs/people-work

I have some flash cards too and some worksheets and games from them - I stole the flashcards so I can �t post them here, but if you send me your mail on a private message I will send you what I have.

Good luck
Cindy

6 Dec 2011     

readingaol
Portugal

Thank you all. :)

6 Dec 2011     

lipofootoo
United States

There�s a lot of ESL games and activities that you can watch on video here.

10 Dec 2011