Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Another way for finding penpals for students.    

Another way for finding penpals for students.

David Lisgo
Japan

Another way for finding penpals for students.

Microsoft Launches So.cl As A Social Network For Students

�The �connecting around interests� path that So.cl is taking makes sense. Interest-based social networking is an emerging trend seen in a number of social startups these days. Companies believe that the only way to compete with Facebook is to develop a service that connects you with people you don�t know, but would want to know, instead of with real-world friends, as Facebook does. Most startups, however, attempt to start from scratch, asking you to sign up and join their own standalone destination website. So.cl, meanwhile, simply asks you to �sign in� with Facebook. It�s essentially a Facebook app. �
On a personal note. I got tired of writing to penpals via snailmail (there wasn �t anything else) and lost touch with most of them, but I have kept in contact with two of my friends for 37 years. One lives in Finland and the other... Well. I live with her Smile.   So be warned, pen friends are life changers.
David

16 Dec 2011      

xochitsin
Mexico

Dear David,

Thanks for this great site!!

Hugs,

Xoch

16 Dec 2011