Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Gerund, Infinitive, Participles.    

Gerund, Infinitive, Participles.

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

Gerund, Infinitive, Participles.

Hello dear friends,

Please, help me with starting Gerund and Infinitive introducing and practicing ideas, and activities how to use them in speech,

I am going to teach teenagers soon, from January, and I wanted to conduct my first lesson very interesting and useful,

I have some ideas, but they are not so effective,

thank you in advance.

28 Dec 2011      

tejames
Colombia

Dear friend

I explain to my ss that whenever there are 2 verbs together in a sentence the second verb must be a gerund or an infinitive. It depends on the first verb since not all the verbs accept gerunds. Because there are fewer verbs that don �t accept gerunds I make them memorize those. You will find that in everyday language the total of verbs that work only with infinitive are not more than 50.There are no real rules for this.

I hope this helps you 

Santiago

28 Dec 2011     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

Thank you dear friend!Wink

28 Dec 2011