Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > winter tale - Ice Bear + amazing pics !    

winter tale - Ice Bear + amazing pics !

moravc
Czech Republic

winter tale - Ice Bear + amazing pics !

30 Dec 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

In the beginning of time people and animals lived together on the earth and there was no difference between them. Bear, human, raven, fox, even snow and ice, all had spirit, all had soul. The air was pure and clear as crystal. Words held a magic. A word spoken in a chance, a wish or a whisper would hold a magic that would shape the world.

Into this world they were born, in the dark months, when the cold and the wind turned water to stone. So small. She held them close to keep them warm in the blue ice cave that was their world.

But Raven tricked her. She stole away one child, carried him high into the darkness of winter, over the frozen sea. The bear wept when she found that her cub had gone. Her ice tears formed scars on her cheeks. She held her one child safer and closer and waited for the sun to rise.

But she never forgot.

�...her ice tears formed scars on her cheeks...� ISN �T IT BEAUTIFUL?!
Isn�t English beautiful?!? THIS IS FOR Ljuba from Russia!!!

30 Dec 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Absolutely, dear Nika.

30 Dec 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Honestly, I think it �s more for a man rather than for Ljuba since the scars make a man a man :)... in other words, more attractive;)

30 Dec 2011     

Apodo
Australia

Yes. Words can paint such beautiful emotion filled pictures.

30 Dec 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Oh Maple, I love your sense of humour!
I pointed at the style of writing and the melody of that sentence... not the real meaning... BTW: in your eyes, is the mother bear still beautiful despite of her scars? :-)
We all have scars, some are visible, some are invisible...
Sorry to take up the space on the forum but I had to share this book with you.
I love legends, I am fond of bears, I love watercolours and I am keen on listening to the writers reading their own books...
http://www.jackiemorris.co.uk/icebear.htm more info about the book

30 Dec 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Nika, i love legends too and dream to learn to watercolor. Have got tons of books but no time. Hopefully, will find some one day. Beautiful story, beautiful bear :), this kind of stories you want to learn by heart, I don �t know why.
Thanks for sharing!

30 Dec 2011     

crisholm
Spain

Thank you for this wonderful present. The story and the video are very touching. Have you got the whole script?

31 Dec 2011