Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > winner of caption game! 23/02    

winner of caption game! 23/02

Mariethe House
France

winner of caption game! 23/02

Let me thank all of you , clever people who ,as the game and the day  went on , were getting wittier and wittier ,funnier and funnier (great for double comparativesLOL)and making my task as a one person jury more and more difficult. Learned some English expressions while reading you... Had to check them before I could give my verdict!Smile
Here is the picture again and the link to those amazing captions:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=32835

Just a word for Marion( Apodo) you had me in tears with your explanationLOL You should have warned us, as the end of the chain is down under  your way ( at least this is what I guessed!) that that was Jayho, coming out of the hole , thus winning the competition! Jayho, I Heart u!!!Wink
So, Marion, Douglas, ,Les, Teresa, Cunliffe (had to look up your definition!)Nina,Valentina , Julia ( loved your idea of the matching outfit),Pinky, Sophia(what a great association with that film!)Ascinquocinas (a political hole! we do have lots in france too!)Manon, and Moody (Your caption was a doozy for me !!Had to look it upEmbarrassed)
I have been digressing and you know why!
Well , I declare OHERMANN the winner of the day.
"Homeless count - a unique challenge for census workers" - Washington Post Headline, Thursday, January 28, 2010

I simply roared imagining census workers looking down into the hole for homeless people! Thank you and it is your turn now to send a picture and start a new game!

23 Feb 2012      

Jayho
Australia

me Mariethe?  Not quite.  It was actually our local TELCO officer looking for the loose cable that resulted in millions of internet users and businesses experiencing almost an hour of lost connectivity to the internet today (me included - I was looking for worksheets then bang - internet gone - it was DreadfuL!!)

Cheers

Jayho from

23 Feb 2012     

ohermann
Czech Republic

Wow, Mariete House! Me?! I can�t believe my eyes. Big smile Thanks for it. So, Iwill be back soon with a new picture.
Oto

24 Feb 2012