Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > 7 up?    

7 up?

DUSIA
Poland

7 up?

I have one not very serious question, but still it has been on my mind for some time... I wonder what the origin of the soft drink �s name 7up is ... Smile

1 Mar 2012      

franknbea
United Kingdom

Hi you might want to check this out

1 Mar 2012     

sebas555
Chile

7 UP was introduced by C L Grigg in 1929 in St Louis, Missouri, USA, a caramel-coloured, lithiated lemon-lime soda which he positioned as a drink with a �flavor wallop �. It carried the burden of an unwieldy name, �Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda � and competed against more than 600 lemon-lime soft drinks already in the market place. In spite of these obstacles, the new brand sold well. The earliest 7 UP advertising featured a winged 7 UP and described the soft drink as �A glorified drink in bottles only. Seven natural flavors blended into a savory, flavory drink with a real wallop. � By the late 1940s 7 UP had become the third best-selling soft drink in the world. 

There are (or were) seven ingredients in 7Up. 
The original 7Up bottle was seven ounces. 
Mr. Grigg saw a cattle brand that looked like 7 Up, and he liked it enough to name his soda after it. 
Mr. Grigg named his new soda after a popular card game at the time that was also called 7up.

1 Mar 2012     

lusil
Indonesia

If I �m not mistaken, it wasn �t named 7up at first.. it might be 3up or 4up,i forgot, but it wasn �t famous.People didn �t like it. However, the owner of the factory didn �t give up. He changed it become 5up, 6up and at last 7up.And he made it.People love it!!

1 Mar 2012