Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Past Continuous    

Past Continuous

ritej2010
Tunisia

Past Continuous

Hi all, could you make me a favour please? How can I teach the past continuous to pre intermediate learners? thx in advance

5 Mar 2012      

aliciapc
Uruguay

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=past+continuous

5 Mar 2012     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Playing games is also a good way to learn. 
You could cut up time cards and activity cards and distribute them among the class.
Each student should get a time card and an activity card.  You can then ask
� �what were you doing at 7:00 a.m. this morning � �.  The person then looks at the activity card and gives the activity.  e.g.  I was getting ready for school.
You could also ask questions such as � �what was I doing when you entered the class � � etc.
As Aliciapc pointed out, there are a lot of worksheets on the site which will help you.

5 Mar 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi, I haven �t checked out the link aliciapc sent, but here is what I do. Give a reading passage and youtube clips about Titanic (past simple focus) then move on to p c. I put the students in twos and give out action picture cards - sleeping, dancing, eating, swimming etc and they have to ask each other, �What were you doing when the ship hit the iceberg? � Then into groups of four, �What was he/she/they doing.... � etc. You could also try it with a murder mystery, one is a cop and one is a suspect. �What were you doing when Mr Smith was shot? � and they have to make up an alibi.

6 Mar 2012     

ritej2010
Tunisia

Thank you all dear friends

6 Mar 2012