Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to correct exams    

How to correct exams

ritej2010
Tunisia

How to correct exams

Hi all hope you �re fine, I need your help dear friends esp Tunisian teachers,  would you mind please suggesting waya to correct exams 9th form and 2nd form secondary education. Thx in advance

9 Mar 2012      

amel ben chaouch
Tunisia

I suggest you allocate the whole week for correction. The first session try to prepare a worksheet with remedial activities ie see what your pupils failed in and prepare an activity for that purpose.I tested my pupils on past progressive but I noticed that more than half the class still not master and make the difference between S.past and P.progressive so I prepared a worksheet with the rules and an activity about s.p/p.p. . The second session try to correct the essay. Make sure you take note while correcting of all the reoccurent mistakes done by the pupils.Try to prepare a second worksheet with two column one for the mistakes and try with the learners to correct them. I also suggest you take a sample suggested by an average pupil and photocopy it then put the learners in groups of four and have them identify mistakes and try to correct them together. At the end , have  good pupils read their own essays to the class ; you �ll see how they will appreciate that (specially if you �re dealing with young learners) hope this can help.

NB:different inspectors may suggest different things and ways to correct tests but this has worked with my pupils hope it �ll work with yours .

10 Mar 2012     

om aziz
Tunisia

My way for correcting tests doesn �t differ so much from that of Amel ! the difference is that if the test is to be done in one hour it should be corrected in one hour & if it �s a two-hour test so it should be corrected in two hours not more .As for me I prepare other questions for the text (for example if it is fill in the blanks I change it to choose the right alternative & it �s the same for lg ) I add further questions to the text to ensure full understanding of the text & later when I give them their sheets back THEY CORRECT THEIR OWN MISTAKES BY THEMSELVES.As for the lg I change the questions & for vocab task I consolidate the voc items !as for the writing part I do the same as Amel!A second part for remedial work I add tasks to consolidate areas which did not go well during the test! I hope this will help!

10 Mar 2012     

hafedh chairet
Tunisia

i have sent u a sample sheet  of one of my test correction periods (first year global test one). hope u find it useful. just chck ur private message box.

10 Mar 2012     

ritej2010
Tunisia

Thanks a lot dear friends

10 Mar 2012