Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Surprised with a PM    

Surprised with a PM

sandytita
Portugal

Surprised with a PM

Hi!

I had a few messages today from some of my old contributions, saying:

remove all of my artwork sheets. unless you purchase my work you are breaking copyright laws ans so is anyone down loading them

Dennis Holmes

I was surprised. I tried to send a PM to Dennis Holmes, but didn �t have any success. Did anyone get any of these messages. My worksheets have free images, like the others have from the other members. Dennis Holmes came to ESL not to contribute, because there are no contributions. Can anyone help/ explain, please?
Thanks, Sandy

12 Mar 2012      

perma
Greece

Dennis Holmes is an illustrator. Look here  http://www.illustrationsof.com/43223-royalty-free-cricket-clipart-illustration for example.
No idea if it was he that actually pm �ed you or what �s wrong with your WSs - if there is indeed a problem - though.
Have you checked the license of the clipart you use?

12 Mar 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

rather use this link to check all his clipart available  http://www.clipartof.com/portfolio/djholmes at the bottom of the page there you �ll see the option to browse through pages.
Sophia
P. S. I�ve checked - there are 76 pages of clipart images in his portfolio.

12 Mar 2012     

douglas
United States

Can I use the clip art images for free?
Our images are not free. They are Royalty-Free. You must purchase a license for the use of any of our watermarked images per our legal End User License Agreement.

the quote above is what it says on Mr Holmes website  (the one Sophia provided).  This means that if you have any of his clip art on any of your worksheets and you haven �t paid to use it, you have to remove it. 

If you have used some of his clip art, I suggest you replace it with something else and then upload the modified worksheet as an update.  This way you will not lose any points and not be subjected to legal actions from Mr. Holmes.

Douglas

12 Mar 2012     

sandytita
Portugal

Thanks,
I �ll purchase his images.
Thanks for your help.
Sandy

12 Mar 2012