Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Competitive games for 4th graders    

Competitive games for 4th graders

vanyiimo
Romania

Competitive games for 4th graders

My 4th graders use Set Sail and I would like to use competitive games during my lesson. Could you help me, please?
Many thanks!

11 Apr 2012      

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

Vocabulary King. This is a universal game. Pupils stand in two rows and in this way they make pairs. Pupils in these pairs compete against each other. Show the flashcard or ask for a translation of a word to the first pair. They both try to be the first to name it. Who succeeds and calls the word first, goes to the back of the row and the looser sits in his desk. The game goes on until there is only one pair left. And in the last round there is only one winner, who is the vocabulary king.

Flashcard Circle.This is a very good warming up activity. You need a set of flashcards and a timer. Make a big circle with the flashcards on the floor. One pupil starts jumping from one flashcard to another and naming the pictures. If he/she doesn�t know the word, he/she gets three penalty points. The pupil with the shortest time is the winner.

11 Apr 2012     

vanyiimo
Romania

Thank You Martina.

11 Apr 2012     

lipofootoo
United States

You �ll find a bunch of competitive games here: Vocabulary ESL games and ESL games for sentences these are for teaching and practicing vocabulary and speaking/formulating sentences/Q&A.

14 Apr 2012