Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > CAPTION COMPETITION WINNER!!!    

CAPTION COMPETITION WINNER!!!

cunliffe
United Kingdom

CAPTION COMPETITION WINNER!!!

Thank you for your entries for the caption competition, which were all appreciated. And a special thank you to jayho for the hamster dance! Wild! I chose the picture because I thought the upright bear looked a bit like John Wayne (it �s in the gait) and that tickled me, but it is a while since I visited the optician. Anyway, the winner is ...drumroll... MoodyMoody, for his pun on �bear �.. �I just grin and bear it. � 
For some reason, I can �t pm anybody... Maybe because I �m on holiday and using the hotel internet?? Anyway, let �s hope MoodyMoody sees this and does the honours with a picture for us captioneers. 

11 Apr 2012      

MarionG
Netherlands

I �ll copy your message and send it to Moody Moody by PM...
btw, i totally missed the caption contest..
and...You must be really addicted! checking eslp from your hotel in Majorca!! (enjoy)

11 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you Marion. 

Yes, I �m an eslp addict; it �s a bit sad, really, or should I say, I �m an eslp addict and proud of it! Either way, beautiful weather in Majorca and there am I, mithering on to my husband about judging the eslp caption competition! There are some wonderful cats here btw, I �ll pm you when I get back. 

11 Apr 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

Thanks, cunliffe! I both saw this and received Marion �s message. I actually meant both statements to be puns. "How can you STAND it?" (to the standing bear) was the other one. I didn �t pick up on your channeling the Duke at all.

11 Apr 2012