Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > excellent site    

excellent site

mariec
Spain

excellent site

Have a look at this site,(sparklebox)

26 Apr 2012      

aliciapc
Uruguay

This thread is two years old ... but just for you to know, don �t know whatever happened to the owner ( a convicted pedophile ) .  If it �s still his site, it �s worth NOT visiting ... no matter how good the material can be. Just MHO

26 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

OMG! I didn �t know that. I use this site quite a bit. Should I stop? Interesting moral dilemma.

26 Apr 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �ve heard that somewhere in the States they are going to legalize pedophiles as a minority. Is it true? If so, this world has gone crazy.
Sophia 

26 Apr 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

H--- NO! There is no state with any sympathy towards pedophiles. It is one of the few things our Democrats and Republicans can agree on, albeit for different reasons. The USA is a big country, and we have more than our fair share of nutjobs, religious cults, and crazy groups (e.g., NAMBLA) that have different ideas, but we HATE child molesters in the USA. Even other prisoners scorn convicted pedophiles; they are the bottom of the food chain.

Now, several states have legalized homosexual marriage, but that �s only between consenting adults. As Mrs. Patrick Campbell said in 1910, "Does it really matter what these affectionate people do � so long as they don�t do it in the streets and frighten the horses!" I don �t think so! But children can �t truly consent.

26 Apr 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I was shocked btw and couldn �t believe but you never know with all those lobbies and lobbyists.
Sophia

26 Apr 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

@Moody

I �d love you to explain the link - as you so obviously see it - between paedophilia, same-sex marriage and early 20th century vaudevillian snobs?

NAMBLA? WTF? Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMupwUD8vzk

26 Apr 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

@ Sophia 

The point that John Stewart and the others were making was that NAMBLA may, or may not, be genuine, but that it �s hardly to be taken as seriously as the fundamentalist Christian Right think it should be. 

(you do realise that Wikipedia - like YouTube, I suppose - is user-generated as well as collaborative and vulnerable to bias and misinformation)

In any case, my question to Moody still stands.

26 Apr 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy Love Association) is a crazy group that promotes sexual relations between men and boys, homosexual pedophilia. It �s absolutely disgusting. It �s jsut 

Some conservative religious people equate homosexuality between consenting adults with pedophilia. I do not. I am heterosexual myself, but I have several friends in long-term, loving, homosexual partnerships (my state does not recognize homosexual marriage). Campbell �s statement about homosexuals more than a century ago sums up my feelings about homosexuality. As long as a relationship is between or among consenting adults and does not involve betrayal, I am fine with it. (Even adultery for other people is fine as long as both partners approve. There are some that are fine with it. I wouldn �t be. Whatever.)

26 Apr 2012     

mariec
Spain

I was flabbergasted to see your answers. I had no idea that the site was run by a

pidophile. A teacher from a state school who uses this site a lot, told me about it.

To be honest, after having a look I thought it was great.

Now,I�m so sorry to have brought your attention to it. I, of course will not be using it.

26 Apr 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

It don �t really understand all the commotion.

If it �s a good site with lots of free materials, why not use it?

If the website administrator has indeed broken the law, has he not been arrested? Has he served his time? If so, should we not encourage reintegration instead of ostracizing someone for life? Who are we to condemn someone for life? 

Just some food for thought.

26 Apr 2012