Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > language material    

language material

chalii
Pakistan

language material

dear folk
plz do help me to find out the speaking material for phonetic practice.actually i m going to prepare lessons for adults how to speak English with the help of phonetic practice.
love

10 May 2012      

MoodyMoody
United States

What do you mean by phonetic practice? Do you plan to drill problematic phonemes? Are you using minimal pairs to differentiate between sounds that are "different" in English but the "same" in Urdu or other native language?

Here are some pronunciation materials I made:

and

The minimal word groups are tables with lists of words that contain minimal contrasts, differing only in the vowel. They are very useful to me when I need to find words quickly that have an /ε/ and /�/ contrast, for example. (And they �re great for pronunciation Tic-Tac-Toe/Noughts and Crosses!)

"Berta and Her Pet Bat" is a story I wrote to highlight the different vowels in English. It contains every different vowel and diphthong in American English, using words that are as close to minimal word groups as possible. I read the story myself on the PowerPoints, so it has native American (Southern dialect) English pronunciation.

I have concentrated on the vowels because I have found that getting the vowels correct helps immensely in native speakers understanding their speech. Also, I have mixed language classes, and different languages have problems with different consonants.

I hope this helps a little. If not, can you let us know a little more specifically what you have in mind?

10 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Do you teach British English?
If you teach American English, then this collection of videos can be really helpful.
Sophia

10 May 2012     

jannabanna
France

Try this site :

www.shiporsheep.com

Take care,
Janet

10 May 2012