Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Updated worksheets    

Updated worksheets

Enid Stella
South Africa

Updated worksheets

I submitted a contribution (quite some time ago) which contains a list - I now want to update this list with additional information. My question is - do I have to delete the original contribution  and lose the points or can I upload the updated version with the additional information without losing the original points? 
Thanks a lot for your help.

6 Jun 2012      

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi there

under your document, you will find "author options". If you click "update this printable", you will be able to update the document without losing the points. 

Hope it helps.
Joey Smile

6 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I didn �t realise we had this facility. Isn �t it open to sharp practice? (I �m not suggesting that you, Enid, are trying to trick us or anything.) What if, though, I was to update a wss by adding or changing just a line or two, then re-uploading it? I could keep my original points and give effectively the same sheet a second airing? Is that right? I �m just trying to get this clear. 

6 Jun 2012     

Apodo
Australia

If you edit/update a worksheet you keep your points. It doesn �t appear as a new worksheet.

If you upload it as a new sheet available as a free doiwnload, it will be considered a duplicate and one will have to be removed.

6 Jun 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Cunliffe,

Your Worksheet doesn �t get a �second airing �, because it continues to be an �old Workshheet �.

I have updated some of my Worksheets up to 10 times, but no-one knows, unless they re-examine the old Worksheets and see the differences.  An updated Worksheet does NOT magically have a second opportunity to become a �New Contribution�, so it can �t collect �free points� again, but continues with the points that it had previously earned.

Les

6 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks. I guess what the member wanted to know was, can she upload her updated wss as a new contribution while keeping her previous points, and the answer is no.

I was curious because I�ve recently deleted one of my old ones and completely re-vamped it and I do intend to upload it as a new contribution.

6 Jun 2012