Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > hi     

hi

zuzuhany
Egypt

hi

hi everone , i need a good explanation for story genre. if i �m right can we divide sotries into 2kinds : fiction and non fiction
fiction part contains : fantasy, fable , fairytale ...etc or that kind of classification is wrong. Another question : I teach mt sts to stories: 1. The country mouse and the town mouse 2. The ugly duckling . i �m really confused bec. some people tell that they �re fantasy, others tell me that they �re fable , the i searched on the internet and i found them called fairly tales, i �m really really confused , i need help 

13 Jun 2012      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

try this http://www.breitlinks.com/my_libmedia/children �s_genres.htm

13 Jun 2012     

yanogator
United States

The City Mouse and the Country Mouse has a moral, so it is officially a fable (I think it �s one of Aesop �s, but I �m not entirely sure).

The Ugly Duckling is a story by Hans Christian Andersen, so it is usually classified as a fairy tale, but there �s nothing magical in it, so it could just be called a children �s story.

Bruce

13 Jun 2012