Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Literature: A language-based approach    

Literature: A language-based approach

Gerardina
Costa Rica

Literature: A language-based approach

A language-based approach is quite a broad approach which covers a range of different goals and procedures. Generally speaking, this approach focuses on a closer integration of language and literature in the classroom, since this will help the students in achieving their main aim which is to improve their knowledge of, and proficiency in, English.

Could you tell me about your experience using this approach? Are there some good books or web sites in which I can learn more?

Have a nice day. Thank you !!!

26 Jun 2012      

elisestaves
United Kingdom

Hiya, good evening!

I �ve recently been teaching poetry and literature as part of a project. I found these books useful:

"Literature in the Language Classroom"- Joanne Collie and Stephen Slater (Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers)

and

"Literature and Language Teaching: A Guide for Teachers and Trainers" Gillian Lazar (Cambridge Teacher Training and Development)

Both are fairly old, I warn you!

Elise x

26 Jun 2012     

Gerardina
Costa Rica

Thank you !!! Have a nice evening. Smile

26 Jun 2012     

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

Here �s the link to the APPI site (Associa��o Portuguesa de Professores de Ingl�s) where you can find newsletters and teaching kits regarding the BritLit project:

Scroll down the page to find the kits, they �re organised in different levels.

I hope it helps!

27 Jun 2012