Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Movie Clip/TV show/Cartoon ideas?    

Movie Clip/TV show/Cartoon ideas?

Dameon
Thailand

Movie Clip/TV show/Cartoon ideas?

Hi All, 

Please can anyone suggest a short (15-20min) video clip that i can use in my English club lesson. My Students range in age from 13-18 and are at best lower intermediate level students. I was thinking of using a cartoon story but i can �t find anything that contains easy to understand, basic language that fits into this time frame.

This is not something i would normally do in my English club but i have been asked to this by my language department director so any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Regards
Dameon

29 Jun 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

In this situation, I revert to Mr Bean. He �s funny (for that age group, not for me, of course!), doesn �t say anything, so everyone understands. There are lots of clips on Youtube, but many sketches are a bit shorter that what you are looking for. There is a really good excerpt from Mr Bean �s Holiday - the restaurant scene, that �s longer. I do a bit of sequencing/true or false or question and answer. A hotseat activity goes down well. The students watch the clip, then make questions for Mr Bean. �Where did you go? � �Who did you sit next to? � �What food did you eat? � etc. One student has to be in role as Mr Bean and answer the questions. If your students haven �t done past tense, you could give them a list of nouns in advance - chair/car/fish etc and they have to tick the ones they see in the clip. 

Or just run two sketches together, without any activities.  

30 Jun 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Here �s a collection of videos for teens  http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/freetime/video-zone They have activities to go with them and transcripts.
Teens love sports and with the coming London Olympics this series of videos about sports people integrated with useful tips on vocabulary might help  http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/talkingsport/ 

Sophia

30 Jun 2012     

papadeli
Greece

ESL video worksheets, lesson plans, and guides

Greetings from Greece,

30 Jun 2012     

Dameon
Thailand

Thanks all for the idea �s. 

I am sure one of these will work just fine :D

regards