Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Saying ´thank you ´ is too time consuming!    

Saying ´thank you ´ is too time consuming!

the globe
Poland

Saying ´thank you ´ is too time consuming!

You know what?

I hate it when people download one ´s worksheets and they don ´t even bother to say ´thank you ´Disapprove

Sometimes it takes hours to prepare some material you want to share with others and they are too busy to spend three seconds to say they appreciate it.

I have had enough. We are teachers and we are to set an example and act as role models.

I do hope you behave differently at your work.

Have a nice weekend.

7 Jul 2012      

tejames
Colombia

Hi:

I should do it more often. It ´s nice to receive a thank you note, but your talent is great and that is much more gratifying than any thing.

Love,

Tejames

7 Jul 2012     

Gaby141
United Kingdom

I absolutely agree with you. I have never downloaded it worksheet without saying thank you. I also often share my new worksheets. I don ´t need the points, I just like to share my work as others do. It takes longer to upload a worksheet and describe it, than it does to type a simple  ´thank you ´. However, it seems the norm that only about 8% of downloaded worksheets receive a ´thank you ´. What makes me sad is when a member writes and specifically asks me for an audio file or other information that I take the time to send, and they can ´t say ´thank you ´.

Thank you to all teachers who share their great work!

7 Jul 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well ... I sort of agree and if I ´m among the first 15 or so to download, then I leave a comment, often more than a ´thank you ´ - maybe saying how I ´m going to use it etc.. Once I see that the number of ´thank yous ´ is past that, I don ´t bother. I assumed others thought like me? 

7 Jul 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world.  You have to do what you feel most comfortable with. For me, it´s sharing without needing a thank you, although a thank you is most welcome.

I´m happy to trade some printables for everything I get in return - others fantabulous printables, free templates, a great forum to ask for help and exchange ideas, a way to remember our favourite authors birthdays and  even a cafe for some time out.  Not many sites offer all of this for free.

Forget about the negatives (they´ll always be there) and focus on the positives.

Cheers

Jayho

7 Jul 2012     

foose1
United States

Well, maybe I am the one to blame for not thanking you for all of your fantastic worksheets that I downloaded but didn ´t leave a thank you! Well, I guess its time for me change and I will promise you that the next time I download one of your worksheets I will give you a thank you.  So thanks for bringing this up.

John

7 Jul 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hey - foosie, I always thank you. And keep them coming please!

7 Jul 2012     

MimiAguilar
Mexico

When i was looking for some exercises for my new class i found this website. Now after figuring out how it works I find it really helpful due the fact i ´m an amateur teacher. I ´ll keep in mind saying thank you to all those persons that were kind enough to share their time and their work to help others that still do not have the skills or maybe the time to do them....
So thank you all Smile

7 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You know, I am amazed how tolerantly people reacted to your post. When I posted in a similar thread, I was ridiculed by some of the members  http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=34514 
Sophia

7 Jul 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Two of them. They don ´t represent the rest of us. And you know it, I ´m sure...

7 Jul 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Sophia, I loooked at the link here and I thought the posts were really funny, not ridiculing you. If you read them again, and add a Wink, you will see what I mean! 

8 Jul 2012     

1    2    Next >