Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELP ME WITH ONE VIDEO FOR TRANSCRIPTION    

HELP ME WITH ONE VIDEO FOR TRANSCRIPTION

JUANBEGI
Spain

HELP ME WITH ONE VIDEO FOR TRANSCRIPTION

Hello, I�m preparing an engineering student for his exam next September. Could you help me for the transcription of this video on youtube ? I understand it from a general viewpoint but I cannot get every single word and that is my purpose. Any native speaker over there? Thank you so much in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S0iomScEx0

Passages 00.00- 00.28

Passages 00.50-01.28

Passages 02.15-02.45

Smile

11 Jul 2012      

babystudent
Germany

HI.
Although I �m  not a native speaker I tried and I almost got it all apart from two words.
Hope that helps a bit!
Diana

Part 1:

Randy and Kathy Clark don�t wear animal skins and walk (a)round barefoot all day and Barney and Betty Rubble don�t live next door. But the Clarks do have one thing in common with the Flintstones: they live in a cave.

Randy and I are doing a lots of camping out in the (place name?)?

Part 2:

� but a not son next door neighbor was building his cave and they  asked him to do the same for them. So 15 years after they bought the property, they moved in.

This house is very much alive, it�s in the living rock of the mountain and it has a wonderful atmosphere of security; it�s a life house: the changing light of the day and the (eh) environment  of the outsight is integrated with the inside.

Part 3:

A fifty-three hundred feet in elevation the cave house is a marvel on the outside, too. There�s three main pools on the creek and they are great for swimming, there�s (???patheos/ paliads???) all around them great rock work. It�s a natural habitat for tree frogs and kinds of aquatic breeding; it�s a wonderful birding area, 79 species of birds here: great wildlife.

Ask Kathy what her favourite part of the cave house is�

11 Jul 2012     

titine69
France

Great work,babystudent.
I have tried to find the missing words:
for the first part (the place name)I understand --------powers.
Part 2:outside(instead of outsight)is integrated with the inside.
Part 3:sorry,quite difficult to understand,perhaps :patio?
I hope it will help.
Bye!
Titine

11 Jul 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Well done  Diana and Titine - I received a request by PM but you have done the hard work already.  I hope you get a big thankyou for your hard work.

Here are my additions

Randy and I - we �re doing lots of camping out in the (place name?)?

but a not so  next door neighbor was building his cave and they  asked him to do the same for them.

it�s a live house

the environment of the outside is integrated with the environment of the inside

At fifty-three hundred feet in elevation

there�s patios all around them,  great rock work

there �s 79 species of birds here

Cheers

Jayho

11 Jul 2012     

titine69
France

Thank you Jayho.It �s great to share our knowledge of such a beautiful language:EnglishSmile

11 Jul 2012     

JUANBEGI
Spain

ClapClapClap
Clap
Thank you to you all.
My best regards from Andalusia

11 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I have already given the names of the mountains she mentions, so I don �t get it, Juan, do you think I got them wrong? I know I got them right for sure. The place is in Arizona and those are the names of the mountains in Arizona which have Native American origin.
BTW Jayho, to me it sounds as if she uses past tense when speaking about camping bc that was the story about how they found the cave to make their home.
Sophia

11 Jul 2012