Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Bristol travel tips    

Bristol travel tips

ivush
Czech Republic

Bristol travel tips

Hello friends. I am going to Bristol soon for two weeks. If you have been there, can you give me any tips where to go, what to see, how life goes there, what to be aware of etc? I would also like to travel to Cardiff, is there any ferry possibility? How does it work? PM me, please. Thank you very much in advance, it means a lot to me. xxx

12 Jul 2012      

nickbean
Spain

Hi I hope that this will help you
Trains from Bristol - Temple Meads Station is the central one - to Cardiff approx every half hour during the day. Journey time approx 50mins - A day return ticket will cost �8.10 off peak, �11.10 peak, or �12 to return any day within the month.

You can buy tickets as little as �2.50 each way, but you must book in advance & seats are limited in number -

By bus it takes 1 hour 20mins  Bus station is opposite rail station. Best to prebook if poss at

For info on Cardiff

and Bristol

I am from London and now live and teach in Spain.

I have just started to consider what i will be preparing with my children in regards to contact with other schools.
Next year i would like to organize an art project with schools from around Europe. 
The topic might be peace traditions or some thing else,the project would involve schools painting designing a poster of exsprestion.They would write some thing about it or a poem.Each school that participated would in turn receive the collection of posters to have an exhabition with in there school to raise funds for the school or a charity of there choosing. 
Do you think that any of your students would be interested?.

I have been working on this web site to help teachers and students obtain a clearer understanding of what we might archive.There have be some very positive responses from countries like,Italy Croatia,Romania,Israel Portugal,Slovenia,,Spain and France so far. 
The time taken to produce a mural can be divided over a period of time and in lunch times too.You could use this project as a reward or insentive builder.
You can view our school here. 

http://www.architonic.com/aisht/elisabeth-school-brullet-de-luna/5100925

and here 

http://www.escolaelisabeth.cat/  

The info about the project European youth murals can be found at the web sit below along with other page headings at the bottom of each page. 

http://europeanyouthmurals.wordpress.com/7-2/

I hope that you like what you find and look forward to reading your responce.

Regards

Nicholas

13 Jul 2012