Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hi !!!    

Hi !!!

maggie 35
Turkey

Hi !!!

Hi friends ,
I hope everybody is ok!!! I need your help about the reader called " Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea " by Jules Verne.  Have you got any activity or powerpoint about it ? If it �s ok can you send me ?

Thank you so much !!!!

26 Jul 2012      

valentinaper
Greece

Check this and that one out.
Cheers
Valentina

Edit: Sorry, I didn�t realize that I caused a problem to the forum page! Embarrassed

26 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Sorry, Valentina, but I �m posting this just to push up your long links, bc they are messing up the main page. Nothing personal:)
Sophia

26 Jul 2012     

Apodo
Australia

Is it a Penguin Reader? Try here:

Here �s another site:

File Format: Microsoft Powerpoint
20000 Leagues Under the Sea. By Jules Verne. Summary. Part 1. In this part of the book, M. Arronax and Conseil chase what they believe to be a narwhale.

27 Jul 2012     

Apodo
Australia

My links are far too long too! I �ll get them off the front page to prevent distortion.

27 Jul 2012     

intelkids
Bulgaria

Hi, Maggie 35. I have questions for retelling all the chapters of the edition of Marshall Cavendish Education for B1 level. I hope they �ll help you. 

20 000 Leagues under the Sea Ch. 1,2

Chapter 1

Paragraph 1: Where was Dr.  Aronnax? What was he waiting for? What did he read about? What did the monster do? What kind of ship was going to hunt the monster? What did the letter to Dr Aronnax say?

Paragraph 2: Who did Dr Aronnax go to Abraham Lincoln with? Who was Ned Land? Did Ned believe about the monster?

Paragraph 3: When did they enter the Pacific Ocean?  Where were they when they saw the monster? Could they attack the monster? How did it look like? What could they see under the water during the day? What could they see under the water at night? What happened when they finally approached the monster? What happened to the doctor?

Chapter 2

Paragraph 4: Who saved the doctor? Who pulled them up after they had swum for hours? Where did they stand? What was the monster made of? What happened when suddenly the machine started to dive? Could the men on the ship understand their story? What did they bring them?

Paragraph 5: Who came to them the next day? What did he tell them? Could they stay on the ship? Could they go back home?

20 000 Leagues under the Sea Chapters 3,4

Paragraph 1: Why did captain Nemo invite Dr. Aronnax to dinner? What did the library content? What was captain Nemo�s collection? What was the electricity? How did they get air? How did they steer the Nautilus? What did they see on the platform? What was the date? What did Captain Nemo give Dr. Aronnax?

Paragraph 2: What happen when they heard some noise? What could they see? When did Dr. Aronnax find the note? What did the note say? How did they get outside? How could they breathe? What could they see during their walk under the water? Where were they cruising? Where should they travel through to get to the Indian Ocean? What happened to the Nautilus? Who attacked them while they were on the island? Could they escape? What could the doctor hear in the evening? What did Dr. Aronnax think?

20 000 Leagues under the Sea Ch.5,6

Paragraph 1: Why did Captain Nemo order the hatches to be opened? Was Nemo afraid of the Papuans? What happened to one of them? What happened to Ned Land? What did Dr. Aronnax explain about the rail? 

Paragraph 2: What happened at 2.40? What did Captain Nemo do when he saw Dr. Aronnax looking through his telescope? What was there in their food? Where did Dr. Aronnax wake up?

Paragraph 3: Where did Captain Nemo bring the doctor? Who was there? What did Captain Nemo explain? Did the man survive? Where did they carry his body?

Paragraph 4: What were the Doctor�s feelings about Captain Nemo? What were they armed with? What was there sparkling in the sand? Where was the giant oyster? What was there in the oyster? Who did they see? What happened to the man? Who killed the shark? Why did Captain Nemo help the fisherman? How many leagues had they already travelled?

20 000 Leagues under the Sea Chapters 7, 8

Paragraph 1: How would they reach the Mediterranean Sea? How did Captain Nemo discover the Arabian Tunnel? How long was their travelling through the tunnel ? What did Ned want to do the next morning? Did Captain Nemo seem to trust them? Where did the Nautilus stay most of the time? Where did they enter at last? What could they enjoy? What was the planned time for escaping?

Paragraph 2: Where was Dr. Aronnax waiting for the time of escaping to come? What was he wearing? What happened with the Nautilus suddenly? What did Captain Nemo show the doctor through the window? Who was the treasure for?

Paragraph 3: Did Captain Nemo invite Dr. Aronnax for a walk during the day? What would they climb? What was the water at first? Where did the light come from? What could they see while they were climbing the mountain? What did they reach at last? What did they see there? What did they see from the peak of the mountain? Was the volcano active? What was the crumbling city?

Paragraph 4: Where did the Nautilus go after that? Why did it have to stay under water? What did Ned say about that situation? What would they try to persuade Captain Nemo to do after the end of the journey? Where were they heading for? Why were they in great danger?

20 000 Leagues under the Sea Chapters 9, 10

Paragraph 1: Why did Dr. Aronnax think Captain Nemo must have been in the Antarctic waters before? What happened on 16 March? What happened two days later? Where did they travel for a whole day? What did they reach the next morning? When did they reach Antarctica? What animals did they see there?

Paragraph 2: What happened to one of the icebergs? Where were they then? What were the two ways of dying? How did they decide to escape the ice trap? Could they do that? How did they work?

Paragraph 3: How long have they been prisoners? What animals attacked the Nautilus? How did they look like? Who fought them? Did anyone die? How long did the battle last? Which ship did they see? What happened to the Abraham Lincoln? Why did captain Nemo want to sink the ship?

Paragraph 4: Where did Dr. Aronnax find Ned and Conseil? What did they start doing? What did they hear suddenly? What was the maelstrom? What happened to Dr. Aronnax? Where were the three men thrown up? Did they see Captain Nemo and the Nautilus again?

27 Jul 2012     

maggie 35
Turkey

Hi intelkids ,

Thank you so much for your questions but my students are 6th grade so now I cant use them maybe later :)))thank you again !!!!

27 Jul 2012     

maggie 35
Turkey

Hi Apodo and valentinaper ,

Thank you for your useful sheets ...

27 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

There �s a video sample for the Express publishing readers. 
You can also find videos of an old animation film on youtube here. You could use some scenes.
Another idea is to use videos of the sea creatures when the students read their descriptions from the reader.
I also found this 
Sophia

27 Jul 2012