Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELP ME WITH ONE VIDEO FOR TRANSCRIPTION    

HELP ME WITH ONE VIDEO FOR TRANSCRIPTION

JUANBEGI
Spain

HELP ME WITH ONE VIDEO FOR TRANSCRIPTION

As you know, i am preparing a student in his engineering career and he needs to practise listening materials. I use youtube but i don �t get some phrases. I �d be so grateful if could help me!! My best regards from Spain.

LISTENING ACTIVITY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUdGecoDv0Q

Today there are many kinds of materials used for packaging�..plastic in its many different forms has become a material of choice for manufacturers so why is plastic such a good packaging material.

Our plastic is such a good packaging material because its site wouldn�t be used for ��..prices by���..we can heat it up and then��site for��into a ���.pulling it down and ���..site, so from a very simple shape ��.form quite complex sites�..plastic is also very strong material so where ��.very little plastic to my�..packaging product that is able to protect products from benefactors to market. It�s also a very well presented material. Also,���..plastic packaging in the supermarket so��to display the customers� products quite clearly within�..

Plastic is lightweight. It reduces transportation and energy costs especially when compared to glass. It is a good barrier against moisture and dust. It maintains the ��.and it is easy to handle. Plastic is ���.inexpensive material so where does it come from? Plastic is made from by-products of the petrochemical industry by capturing products like���in manufacturing process we are able to make polymers. These polymers are made into different plastics��.plastic film. Thin plastic films  are used to or fresh bakery products like cake. Slightly thicker and double life films are used for chips and snack foods and�. The top of plastic like �.is used for carbonated soft drinks and�..provide us an excellent gas and moisture�..strong and yet like white.

7 Aug 2012      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

JuanBegi,

I �ve begun to do it for you.

I �ll get back to you, pronto.

Les

7 Aug 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear JuanBegi,

The second speaker has a VERY strong Australian accent.  For example �process� = �prices�.

I have included all the hesitations, pauses, etc. of the speakers.

I hope that this transcript helps you.

Les

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUdGecoDv0Q

Today there are many kinds of materials used for packaging.  However, plastic in its many different forms has become the material of choice for manufacturers.  So why is plastic such a good packaging material?

Well, plastic is such a good pla � packaging material because it�s able to be used in a thermo-pouring process.  And by that I mean that we can heat it up ---erm --- and then change its shape by blowing it into a mould, cooling it down, and then it retains that shape.  So, from a very simple sheet, we are able to form quite complex shapes.  Erm, plastic is also very strong material � so � ah� we�re able to use very little plastic to make quite a robust � er � packaging product that�s able to protect our � erm � products from manufacture to market.  Erm, it�s also a very well presented material.  Erm, obviously, you see a lot of clear plastic packaging in the, in the supermarket, so, again, we�re able to display the customers� products quite clearly within the packaging.

Plastic is lightweight. This reduces transportation and energy costs especially when compared to glass. It is a good barrier against moisture and dust.  It maintains its strength, wet or dry, and it�s easy to handle.

Plastic is a relatively inexpensive material.  So, where does it come from?  Plastic is made from by-products of the petrochemical industry.  By capturing products like methane and ethane that are burned off in the manufacturing process, we are able to make polymers. These polymers are made into different plastics, using additives, and various thicknesses of plastic film. Thin plastic films are used as cling-wraps around sandwiches or fresh bakery products like cakes. Slightly thicker and double-layer films are used for chips, snack-foods and confectionery.  The tougher plastics like TEC, are used for carbonated soft-drinks, as they provide an excellent gas and moisture barrier, that�s strong and yet light-weight.

7 Aug 2012     

JUANBEGI
Spain

Thank u so much!!!!

HugThumbs UpClap

7 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Juan: please don �t send me a pm if you post the same request in the forum.
@ Les: You are the best:)
Sophia

7 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes, well done Les, and for posting immediately that you were on to it. 

8 Aug 2012     

titine69
France

Thank you Les,

I had begun to do the job too but it was rather difficult to get all the missing words.
Les was too quick for me,Juan.Smile

8 Aug 2012