Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > New Teacher!    

New Teacher!

mborunda
United States

New Teacher!

Hello! I was yesterday for a position as an ESL teacher, and this is my first year teaching. I �m a 22 year old and need help with decorating my high school classroom. Please Help me!

7 Aug 2012      

maryse pey�
France

You can make your students create their own giant pictionary with important basic and new words.

You can make them fill in the names of different countries on a giant map.

You can make them create a poster with different characters from several countries of the world.

Here are some ideas for beginners.

And congrats !

7 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

There are some really creative folks here who will give you lots of tips. But in case they don �t login, you can always find some ideas on the net:
All the best to you in your teaching:) 
Sophia

P. S. BTW busyteacher has a lot more great articles with tips for esl teachers, check their latest articles http://busyteacher.org/how-to/

7 Aug 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Have a look here... Some very interesting ideas Smile

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=11174

8 Aug 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I �ve used worksheets and powerpoints from here (I hope it �s legal!). There are some great ppts with American and English English, also wss about basic prepositions and the verbs �to be � and �to have �, enlarged to A3, laminated, look great and are prompts for the students. I �ve got the months of the year around the top of my classroom, days of the week by the board. Some hand written things always look good, in my opinion. I have sheets of A4 around the room with time adverbs �First � �Then � �Next � �After that � �Suddenly � Finally etc. I have downloaded lots of brilliant flashcards from   http://www.mes-english.com/flashcards.php (free, you don �t have to join) and I �ve pinned those up. I �ve put some onto blank A3 and written words around them, or asked students to e.g. actions cards, with sentences. �It �s morning. � �He �s going to school. � �He �s carrying his school bag on his back � etc. A nicely decorated classroom is a must, well done for taking it seriously. Hope our advice helps you and good luck.

8 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Lynne: Legal? That �s what those things are here for - to help teachers like us:) Not sure about others, but I would be absolutely thrilled to know that somebody used my materials and it made their job a bit easier:)
Sophia

8 Aug 2012     

sadeel
Palestine

there are a lot of great ideas in this facebook page

Education

I think u can find something helpfull there

8 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@ Aya: Mirna was asking for ideas for a high school classroom.
Sophia

8 Aug 2012