Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > I need some help    

I need some help

Mercedes Bueno
Argentina

I need some help

Hi my dear friends... It�s nice to be back. (I�ve been on holidays till 12-23!!! But now they�re over and I have to re-start...again!!!)

I will need your web-bank information today.. This year I�ll start a new challenge. I have to teach 3 different groups of 5-6 years old kids!!! They don�t read and write yet. So what I need is some theoretical background in order to plan my techniques for this year.

Any clue??

I�ll thank you a lot!!!

Hugs

Mercedes

12 Jan 2009      

Logos
Malaysia

If you are teaching initial reading skills, including letter rgecognition, sounds and eventually blending to make words, I would totally recomment a system called Jolly Phonics.  Check it out in Google and look at their materials and methodology - it is an excellent system for helping kids master the basics of reading

12 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

This article is also very interesting reading. Rather than being a program it looks at theoretical aspects of literacy acquisition and consolidation.

http://www.sersen.uk.net/docs/Literacy%20Acq%20(Mar%2007)_1.doc

12 Jan 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Try http://mes-english.com or http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/language-assistant/primary-tips . There are activities for teaching young learners, including literacy activities. Moreover, the cbeebies web is full of teachin techniques, ideas and materials.
Saludos,
Silvia

12 Jan 2009     

EvaRamos
Panama

Hello  Mercedes,

Here are some sites that may be helpful:

www.kinderart.com

www.preschooleducation.com

www.kidschalkboard.com

Best of lucks,

Eva

12 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

If your pupils already know their letters from their own language classes, like mine do, I give them a little booklet called "My words" like a little dictionary.
Each page is one subject, such as:
Me
Colors
My Family (mother, father, sister, brother etc,)
pets
school
things in the classroom
pets
food
 transportation

every day things.
Then lots of speaking - with repetition.
What is your name.
Lots of easy worksheets from ESL for reading/comprehension/coloring. (I have a few uploaded here)
And then short reading stories based on the words they have learned.
Lots of songs and chants too.
That is how I start my beginner classes up.
It seems to work well.
Hope this helps
L

12 Jan 2009