Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > can anyone help me with creating a vocabulary test,please?    

can anyone help me with creating a vocabulary test,please?

kasiopeja01
Slovakia

can anyone help me with creating a vocabulary test,please?

Dear friends.
Please can anyone help me with creating a vocabulary test? For my final exam I have to test whether teaching vocabulary with use of modern technology is more effective than classic method. I must teach the same vocabulary in two different classrooms with two different techniques. I must create a test which I will use as a pre-test before teaching and post-test after teaching. I have never done such test, can you help me with some ideas or examples. I am thinking about teaching body parts to 10-12 years old. But all your more interesting ideas are welcome as so far I do not know which technique and technology to use or which vocabulary would be the most interesting
L. Please help�

Thanks in advance.
Janka

22 Aug 2012      

Dyana13
Romania

the complexity of the test will depend of course on the level of English the students already possess. i usually don �t test their written knowlwdge at this age as a pre-test. it is enough for them to remember the words. you can always ask a student co come in front of the class and show each of the bodyparts you want to teach and the students will tell the English word for it.
you can also use flashcards or a biology chart, it doesn �t matter.
another way to see the amount of words the SS know would be to provide to students both flascards of body parts and words to match. there are a lot of possibilities to do this, you are limited only by your imagination.

as a post-test you could do the same, just tell them it �s a competition to see who remembers the most words or who matches the images with the words the fastest.

if you are thinking of a more complex test, you can always use images and multiple choice exercises, fill in with one of the given words, write a description of a monster, this way they can also draw it and have fun. it �s a good way to make them pay attention to the vocabulary words and to exercise making simple sentences with them. after all, we want them to speak and write fluently, not just separate words.

hope my suggestions help you! good luck on your exam!

22 Aug 2012     

kasiopeja01
Slovakia

Dyana, thank you so much for your help. I realy like your ideas. Have a nice day. Janka

22 Aug 2012