Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Speak English or Speak in English?    

Speak English or Speak in English?

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s quite subtle, isn �t it? �I speak English � is what we natives say, but that isn �t the situation of the ss going into your class, Manonski. As others have pointed out, they �re making a choice - or the poster is selling it as their making a choice - so I think, �I speak in English � - sub text, �when I go into the English room, I �m going to choose to speak in English � is fine. 

You are so nice! If it was me, I would be posting a detailed explanation of why the poster is fine in a prominent place in the staff room!

@Almaz - my son always used to refer to his geography lessons as   �colouring in � - even as far as �A � level! His teachers just took it on the chin. LOL

7 Sep 2012     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I would have to tend to agree with the others on the grammatical aspect.    You are handling the situation as any normal decent person would.   I just can �t believe that someone would vandalize and hide instead of talking to you about it.

7 Sep 2012     

< Previous   1    2