Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Damielle’s Tuesday 13th.     

Damielle’s Tuesday 13th.

dennismychina
China

Damielle’s Tuesday 13th.

Until yesterday Tuesday 13th had no meaning in China. However as from this week I think thinks might have changed (for me at least).

• I woke up with a return bout of the flu.
  • I was late for my morning class.
  • I prepared for a pm class according to the level I was told I would be teaching, wrong level, most material was unsuitable.
  • I got home from class to no electricity. It had been cut because it hadn�t been paid. (over here a pretty complicated method of  notification is used).
  • I met Rachel (my partner) and we went out for dinner. That was fine although very cold.
  • We went back home and had to go to bed early, hehe that was also fine. Shortly after going to bed we got visitors. Friends who were going away on holiday had come to say goodbye. So because of no electricity we had to go out again. Drank too much local wine, went back home with a headache went back to bed and�� slept.

So was it because the 13th was brought up??????????????

14 Jan 2009      

urpillay
Spain

Oh Dennis,
I cannot believe it you had a so terrible day!!! At least, it�s gone!! I didn�t have a especially terrible day yesterday but I had a awkward situation when I went to a cafe with my friends. I have just arrived, I was talking to my friend while I was taking my coat off , therefore I didn�t se the waiter who was behind me. Then I heard a noise, I turned round I saw the two coffees the waiter was carrying spilled on his arm and shirt!!! What a shame!!!
I don�t know if it was because the 13th Tuesday, I am not really superstitios, but that is what happened to me.
INMA ALC�ZAR

14 Jan 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Hi
In Jewish tradition (or superstition...) Tuesday is a good day.You get twice good luck than any other day...
So, maybe if you start thinking of it as a good day - things may become good... ;-)
Have a great any-day ;-)
orit

14 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

....oops!!!!

For me it is a neutral day, sometimes very lucky!!!

14 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Wow Dennis!
You went to school with the flu?
How horrible.
GEt well soon!
hugs
L

14 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Meek, mild mannered Debbismychina, secret alter ego - Super ESL Man!

Go, Super Dude!

14 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

14 Jan 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Hi Dennis!!
Luckily with all the wine you drank , you forgot about the flu!!!LOL

14 Jan 2009