Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > I need your help!    

I need your help!

helen_vin
Ukraine

I need your help!

Dear colleagues! I want to ask you for advice. I need some ideas for an English party for primary school children. They have been learning English for about a year and a half

It must be something like a contest between two teams where students have to show what they have already learnt. At the same time it must be something interesting and entertaining for them. I plan that the tasks will comprise all the basic topics like colours, numbers, animals, family, school, daily routine etc. At the same time I want to use all the kinds of activities � listening comprehension, reading, writing and speaking� So, you see the tasks must be very varied� I have prepared some tasks already but I is not enough� unfortunately I lack the experience yet as I have been working in a school for a few months only� Do you have any interesting ideas that you can share with me? I will be very grateful for your help�

14 Jan 2009      

eng789
Israel

You can have a "spelling bee" using the vocabulary they learned.  I would also have the kids do a short play or act out a song. 

14 Jan 2009     

sedefg�l
Turkey

You can have a simple vocabulary competition between gruops. Someone start writing a word on the board and another student continue to write a word beginning with the last letter of the previous word. Simple but effective I think..

14 Jan 2009     

lmsih
Canada

I just saw this post. I hope it�s not too late to help, but how about Scattergories? I was actually thinking of making a worksheet on this theme. You make up categories and with either a letter die or drawing scrabble tiles from a container, each team or individual has to come up with things that fit the category and begin with that letter. You could make the categories in any fashion you like. For example, you could have something like:

Movies
Foods
School Supplies
Things you Wear

and so on.  The actual board game Scattergories has 12 categories and, I think, 3 minutes to answer them.

19 Jan 2009