Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sad news!!    

Sad news!!

persie
Turkey

Sad news!!

Today in my country, a teacher who worked in a primary school was killed by one of her students with a knife in front of students in the class. The reason is that student waslate for class and the teacher told him to take a formal paper from school management to be sent to his parents that would show he was late for class. This tragic event is a result of recent educational approach that tolerates students whatever they do. I think it �s time to question our educational systems.   

26 Sep 2012      

imanito
Morocco

Shocked It �s really terrible. I am really sorry to hear that. 
My thoughts and prayers go to all of you.

26 Sep 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Persie

NO WORDS... 

Just to say I understand how you feel, we have been downing rules, and, this is the tragic result; it can happen to many, many of us. When rules and, moreover values are broken down, this is what we can expect.

Wish you can recover from such a nightmare, sorry, but I don �t have magic words to say - tragedy, yes, it was one, dramatic one.

Take care of you and help all the other, teachers and students.Heart

Love,
Linda

26 Sep 2012     

davsan
Colombia

That shows how people in this world have become untolerable

26 Sep 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Sad news indeed.

Teaching should not be a dangerous job.

26 Sep 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

What �s even sadder is that if this had happened in my country, it probably wouldn �t shock many people, except for the knife. We would expect the student to shoot the teacher.

26 Sep 2012     

alex076
Italy

So tragic, I am sorry to hear such a terrible piece of news. I am speechless. :(

26 Sep 2012     

Terri Lawson
New Zealand

As a fellow teacher and human being, my heart goes out to you and all those concerned including the students who witnessed this barbaric act and the family and colleagues of the teacher etc. 

My prayers are with you.

27 Sep 2012     

Sniggy
Russian Federation

That �s really sad... I �m so sorry...

27 Sep 2012     

elsnert
Russian Federation

Take care of yourselves, dear colleagues.

27 Sep 2012     

nhimyeu
Vietnam

oh, I can �t believe this!

27 Sep 2012     

1    2    3    Next >