Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Mysteriously Disappearing Points    

Mysteriously Disappearing Points

jujuka
Hungary

Mysteriously Disappearing Points

Hi everyone,

I have been a member of this site for over a year and I like it a lot. Actually, I visit it almost every day and have sent quite a lot of contributions.
I�m not in need of points because I have more than enough, still I would like to draw your attention to a mystery: today more than two thousand points of mine have vanished into thin air. (I have not deleted any of them, and have not downloaded any older contributions today and I don�t think anyone would be doing downloads with my account either).
In my case it is no big deal but if the same happens to someone who has much fewer points, it may be very annoying.
I wonder whether someone else has also had this mysterious experience.
Have a good day,
Judit

17 Jan 2009      

annaas
Norway

I�ve lost about 200 p. since yesterday. How come?

17 Jan 2009     

raspberry
Poland

a few points of mine have also disappeared misteriously....

17 Jan 2009     

berta1
Czech Republic

Hi jujuka, I think that yeasterday or so there was a message from Victor - if you see that your points are disappearing, it a correction of the point correction that happened about two months ago. You can find it in Friday or Thursday�s posts.

17 Jan 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

I think that it is a problem about memory and space in the server to store and save all activities that members post here. This website that Vitor has choosen has lots of problems to update the datas everydays..it is a problem with the program that he used to build this place or with the server or provider that is so slowly to update the files..In my case I am with zero points too but when I open my account I have almost 100 points now..but it is not being showed in my general account..it is not updated yet...maybe tomorrow who knows?? so all you must do is wait for the server reupdate it for itself..and have patience...

Or maybe the owner Vitor could choose a new server or ask for better services to store all the materials that members put here everydays..

Just a thought...Hugs for you all..xoxoxoxo SuzyEmbarrassed
Smile

17 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

oops for some reason my link above earlier seems to not work... try this one for Victors thread on why points are missing from some members accounts.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3729

17 Jan 2009     

abraham_75
Ecuador

Hi guys!
Yes I�ve got less points than yesterday even though I haven�t deleted any worksheets. I read the msg sent by Victor but it doesn�t seem to match with my case anyway. I guess it�s because they problably gave extra points to some users and they are now taking them away. Could that be the case? Let me know if you know something! 
Take care!

17 Jan 2009     

apayala
Spain

Me too I have lost 1 point since yesterday. It is not that I care about a single missing point, of course. There must be some kind of computing trouble. No one of my worksheets have been removed by Victor and I have not deleted any of them either. So there must be something wrong with the server or something alike.

17 Jan 2009