Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > 5 years student ( weekend homework )    

5 years student ( weekend homework )

maggie 35
Turkey

5 years student ( weekend homework )

Hi friends !!!!

I  need help for my kindergarten students for 5 years . Especially weekend homework

Thanks , have a nice weekend :))

30 Sep 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

weekend homework for 5-year-olds, seriously? Let them be.
Sophia

30 Sep 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

in France there �s no homework in kindergarten... isn �t it a bit too early to ask them to do homework? over here pupils who learn English in kindergarten don �t even have a notebook since all the activities are oral activities (songs, games, flashcards...) and we don �t teach written English until much later...
But if you really must ask them to do homework simply ask them to study what you did during the week, for example the names of the pets you �ve studied and on monday morning you do a recap with flashcards...

30 Sep 2012     

AnnyJ
Taiwan

I give my students  some sight word practice, with tracing and sentence reading, I uploaded week 1 and will continue to week 20 for Dolch list 1.

30 Sep 2012     

EstherLee76
Peru

I think it �s too early for homework too, but there are a lot of websites and songs that I recommend my little ones listen to at home.  www.starfall.com is great and I also provide them with CDs.

30 Sep 2012     

douglas
United States

You could give them an observation type assignment. 

i.e.: See if you know the name of any animals (plants, vehicles, jobs, food, etc.) that you see over the weekend.  Tell about them at school on Monday.

1 Oct 2012     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I also think that homework for 5 years olds is not appropriate. But if you are obliged to give them homework, let them draw something related to the vocabulary or cut pictures out from a magazine. Children normally like drawing and gluing.

1 Oct 2012     

papadeli
Greece

How about some craftwork?
Greetings from Greece,

1 Oct 2012     

sadeel
Palestine

Hi. look here u �ll find wonderfull things. choose of of the themes. most of them r free.

1 Oct 2012