Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > URGENT IDEAS TO TEACH PAST PASSSIVE VOICE    

URGENT IDEAS TO TEACH PAST PASSSIVE VOICE

miss_alejandra
Argentina

URGENT IDEAS TO TEACH PAST PASSSIVE VOICE

PLEASE I NEED TO DO A WARM UP AND A PRESENTATION FOR TEACHING PAST PASSIVE VOICE THIS COMING WEEK, I NEED YOUR HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE
It �s for intermediate level. i have students from 18 years old to 45 years old.

7 Oct 2012      

eliana
Portugal

Running Dictation is really great ...

7 Oct 2012     

orly100
Israel

Movie Segments to Assess Grammar Goals contains a series of movie segments and activities to assess or practice grammar points through fun, challenging exercises.
Try Azar Grammar great too.
Orly Thumbs Up

7 Oct 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about using speaking cards:

Sophia

7 Oct 2012     

carminia villanueva
Chile

I used to make my students work in groups. They interviewed one of them and then they wrote an article based on the interview using passive voice where needed (imitating the work journalists do)

7 Oct 2012     

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

Hi friends and colleagues! I �m sorry miss_alejandra my topic is irrelevant.
I haven �t found any solution to my problem. every time I want to ask a question or publish something in esl forum this message appears to me "

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. "

Have you got any idea? How can I solve this problem? 
Thanks a lot for your help.

7 Oct 2012     

maggiejeria
Chile

Thanks a lot Sophia, your help is very useful.Clap

7 Oct 2012     

Nabil_um
Malaysia

Passive is one of the best lesson I loved when I was at school and the best I enjoy when I teach. My suggest is to start by giving examples of the present tense, give more examples and  let your students practise it as possible as time allows. Then give them a passage in present tense only and ask them to put it in past. Later ask your students to give examples of their own. Do not hesitate to encourage and help them. I think such a way would be easier for students to acquire and remember the lesson. 

7 Oct 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Here �s a suggestion.

Greetings from Greece,

7 Oct 2012     

roxibella
Chile

Hello one of the things that I made with my students , is to throw a pencil so they have to tell what did I do? they told the teacher threw a pencil , and then I asked them to transform it into passive , after that i called volunteers and I told them an action they do it , so the students have to tell , nicolas moved the table , after into passive the table was moved by nicolas, of course making questions , regards from Chile.

7 Oct 2012